There is various type of ROM available, Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM are two of them. If you want to install an official and unofficial MIUI ROM then try XiaomiMITool. Note, that you’ll need a PC to perform these tasks in hand. Once selected, the OTA package will start to download in the phone’s storage.
Start by clicking ‘Select’ in the tool to launch the file selector window. Then navigate to the location where the Fastboot ROM was extracted, select the folder (do not select the ‘images’ folder instead), and click ‘OK’. With everything set up and ready, it’s finally time to flash the Fastboot ROM to your device using the Mi Flash Tool. Make sure that your phone has a sufficient battery charge (at least 40%) before you attempt the instructions. This should prevent your phone from accidentally switching off during the flashing process and prevent it from bricking.
- From the links below, download either the Fastboot or Recovery firmware and follow the recommended flashing instructions afterwards.
- If you are looking to download official released Stock Firmware ROMS then you are on the right page.
- The device come with 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage that can be expandable via SD card.
- It is the type of storage that is built into a device during manufacturing.
- And we could list down the supported devices for Mi flash tool as below.
However, it will only remove if the ROM is not modded or custom. If you accidentally format or factory reset your Android device with internal memory only (no external SD https://cloud.cnpgc.embrapa.br/blog/upgrade-your-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-a-guide-to/ card), then it is pretty tricky to restore the default settings. From the recovery main menu, Wipe Data, cache and Dalvik. Also How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Phones.
- The flashing process could take some time, so sit back, relax, and do not disrupt the USB connection.
- Before you proceed with the flashing process, make sure to follow the below preparation steps for smoother flashing process.
- The storage can be expanded up to 1TB via microSD card.
- Once you have booted into the Download Mode, you will be able to see this screen on your device.
- Have you tried ‘rooting‘ or installing ‘custom ROM’ on your Xiaomi device before?
Recovery ROM can also be flashed using Updater App. Recovery ROMs come with a .zip file extension and can be installed through the Local Update method from within MIUI. You can also use a custom recovery for installing these ROMs, though do note that device-specific instructions may differ in that case. After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.